Section 1: Information about the collection of personal data
(1) The following statement provides information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data relating to you as a natural person, e.g. your name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The responsible party ("controller") according to Article 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Pallas Oberflächentechnik GmbH & Co. KG, Adenauerstrasse 17, 52146 Würselen, Germany, Tel.: 49  2405 4625-0, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (see our Imprint page).
(3) If you contact us by email or via a contact form, the personal data you provide (your email address, possibly also your name and your telephone number) will be stored by us for the purpose of answering your query. Once storage for this purpose is no longer required, we will delete the data collected in such cases or, if legal data retention obligations apply, we will restrict processing of such data.
(4) Insofar as we make use of the services of contracted providers for individual features of our website or wish to use your data for promotional purposes, we will inform you of the respective processes in detail (see below). We will also stipulate the critieria used to determine the envisaged period for which your data will be stored.
Section 2: Your Rights
(1) We acknowledge that you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- right to information,
- right to rectification or erasure
- right to restriction of processing,
- right to object against processing,
- right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a data protection supervisory authority.
Section 3: Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you only use our website to inform yourself, in other words if you do not register yourself or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to be able to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 (1) Subsection f of the GDPR):
- IP address,
- Date and time of request,
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
- cotent of the request (specific web page),
- access status/HTTP status code,
- data volume transmitted in each case,
- website from which the request came,
- operating system and its user interface,
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive by the browser you are using and in which the site setting the cookie (in this case our website) stores certain information. Cookies cannot run any programmes on your computer or transfer viruses to your computer. Their only purpose is to make the website you are visiting more user-friendly and more efficient.
- This website uses the following types of cookies. Their scope and operating principles are explained as follows:
- transient cookies (see b)
- persistent cookies (see c).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These cookies store a so-called session ID which enables the various page requests of your browser to be recognised as parts of a single session. In this way, your computer can be recognised when you return to our website during the same session. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specific period of time, which may vary from cookie to cookie. You can delete these cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
- You can configure your browser settings to suit your personal preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or refuse to accept all cookies. Please note, however, that if you do this you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
Section 4: Data security
We also implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorised third-party access. Our security measures are subject to continuous improvement in line with technological developments.