A tradition of surface treatment

Innovative surface treatment is a tradition at Pallas – going back over 70 years. Our company roots trace back even further, to the 19th century. To this day we hold firm to the idea that good ideas make functional surfaces whose durability and quality can still be relied on tomorrow.

1880

Foundation as a blackening and burnishing factory in Aachen

1940s       

Transformation of the company into Fleuster Metal Finishing KG

1965

Foundation of Pallas GmbH with the process areas zinc, copper, nickel, chrome

1976  

Wire flame spraying

1979 

Introduction of plasma processing

1980    

Introduction of HVOF

1989

Environmental Award of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia

Commissioing of a 2,5 kW-CO2-laser for coating, hardening, alloying

1992 

Foundation of the PTFE division

1993    

Start of PTA welding

1997  

Foundation of K-S Keramik GmbH & Co. KG

Development and production of components made of high-performance ceramics

2000    

Takeover of operative business by the 3rd generation

2004   

Construction and approval of the new waste water treatment plant

2005  

Introduction of the 2 kW Nd:Yag laser

Market launch of iClad®

Takeover of executive management by the 3rd generation

2009/10  

Start of planning for the extension building